Digital Technology is integrated throughout all areas of learning. We are a GAFE (Google Apps For Education) School. This means that we use digital technology, through the Google Education platform, to enhance learning across the curriculum.
- Students are given a school email that is used for their learning
- We have robust safety monitoring in place to filter out unwanted content and student website use is monitored
Using digital technology as a tool to create and express new learning, is an integral part of today’s world and learning programmes We are well resourced. At MRIS we have a wide range of modern tools for learning including iPads, chromebooks, laser engravers, 3D printers, programmable drones and robots. ‘Google Classroom’ provides a way to share and collaborate and to include parents in their child’s learning. Students are asked to sign a ‘Contract’ and robust systems are in place to monitor use and safety.
- Global citizenship- Students learn how to use technology appropriately and how to interact with others digitally in a safe environment.
- Curriculum foci- The new Digital Technologies Curriculum allows students to design challenging and future-focused opportunities.
- Producers not just consumers- Students will be designing and developing creative solutions to real-world problems as well as learning the basics of coding.
MRIS encourages students to bring their own chromebooks to enhance their learning experience each day. We encourage students to B.Y.O.C. (bring your own chromebook), where they are able.